Wednesday 14 April 2010

Vintage Vogue Pizza Box



I found a template on splitcoast stampers for a pizza box so Jo and I decided to try it out. It was easy to do and we used very vanilla cardstock to make it.
Once we had made the box we were sitting and looking at it, thinking we can do something else with this....Vintage Vogue was our stamp set of the day and it is available in the new mini catalogue from Stampin Up! I have a feeling that it is going to become one of my favourites.
My scraps box came in very handy as there was a strip of perfect plum DSP which made a lovely border when I had punched it using the eyelet border punch. We then used a dauber around the top edges of the box and did some slight sponging. Still not quite happy with the effect I got out my shimmer paints and we daubered the edges again using the champagne mist....(this has gone on Jo's wish list).
We have then layered up perfect plum, rose red and very vanilla cardstock. The vine stem comes from the lovely vintage vogue stamp set as well as the large F friends stamp. For the F stamp we versamarked and then added heat and stick powder, slightly heated it with the heat gun and then added dazzling dimonds glitter and re heated to set. What a lovely effect. These were products that Jane Cutting showed me how to use a few weeks ago.
To finish off the box we tied a knot using elegant eggplant ribbon.
These boxes can be filled with chocolates, small cards or notelets.
Now we also completed two more projects so call back tomorrow to see more.

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks even better in! the photo! having problems with mail again!

    ReplyDelete