Wednesday 21 April 2010

A Beautiful Thing teamed with In My Garden


My Mum asked me to make her a couple of cards for her friends. One for a birthday and the other for a friend who has just started chemo treatment. I wanted something that I could adapt for both requests.
I have used one of my favourite colour combinations of Chocolate Chip and Rose Red, together with Naturals Ivory which I have recently been introduced too.
The cardbase is Chocolate Chip and I have versamarked one of the images from the Greenhouse Garden Stamp Set and then layered on Rose Red which has the same image stamped on it.
I Then used Basic Grey to stamp the rose Image from In My Garden (Level one hostess gift) twice onto the Naturels Ivory and then I have used the inkpad lid and my blender pens to colour the image in. One the second image I only coloured in two of the roses as I then hand cut these out and adhered with dimensionals to give some lift to the card. The full stamped image was punched out using the 1 3/8 circle punch. The raised roses have also been brushed over with the champagne mist shimmer paint. It gives a wonderful sparkle when it catches the light.
A piece of Chocolate Chip 5/8" ribbon has been tied around the bottom of the card and adhered to the back with sticky strip.
The happy birthday was stamped from the Happy Moments Set and punched out using the word window.
I have then used an idea cased from Kerry Timms and punched out circles of 1/2" and 1/4" to balance the card. On the smaller circle I have used crystal effects which gives a raised shiny finish when dry.
I always decorate the inside panel in my cards so for this one I stamped the flower image again and coloured using my blender pens. I have once again used the shimmer paint on the roses.
The second card I did for mum had the Thinking of you sentiment punched out for the Trendy trees stamp set.
Tip: The Naturels Ivory cardstock is fabulous for water colouring, but I didn't find it so good when I tried to heat emboss on it.

1 comment: