Wednesday 5 January 2011

Vintage Bliss


All the children are back at school so I have planned to craft today in complete peace and quiet.
Last night we had a get together at Jane Cutting's house it was lovely thank you Jane. It was nice to meet some new demonstrators and feed off their enthusiasm for Stampin'UP!
I needed to make a card for one of my customers who has a birthday tomorrow and decided to go completely out of my comfort ZONE and try a vintage look. I have used Bliss which is one of the sale-a-bration sets you can earn for yourself during January and February when you spend £45 on catalogue products.
My colour combo is not quite navy, crumb cake and old olive. Lots of tearing and scrunching up of paper was needed and I dabbled with the distressing kit......more practice needed I think but I am happy with the results from my first attempt.
Along the bottom of the card I made little faux buttons using the 3/4" circle punch and the paper piercing tool and a little linen thread.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you went out of that comfort zone Caroline, the card is lovely. Not so scary after all?!
    Colours are fab too.

    ReplyDelete