Monday 1 March 2010

inspiringinkin challenge # 21 3d project

This fortnights challenge was to make a box and the cards to go inside the box. Please look on http://www.inspiringinkinchallenges.blogspot.com for more entries.

Now 3d projects are not really my thing and my box is not perfect but with a bit more practice I think I could get the hang of it. I made a criss-cross box using a sheet of 12 x 12 dsp. ( I have to find out how you can make it bigger so you can fit in larger cards.)
The template was quite easy to follow I just haven't brought in one side tight enough. My tombow glue was great for putting this box together. I made the lid using some of the cut off pieces and a bit of imagination!!. The pretend catch was again made using cut offs and my scallop circle punch and the 1 3/8" circle punch which fits into the scallop perfectly.

The cards inside the box were made using very vanilla cardstock and perfect and pale plum ink pads. I used my Greenhouse Garden stamp set for some simple two step stamping and the sentiment was from Baroque Motifs. I just put a strip of elegant eggplant ribbon along the bottom of the card and adhered with sticky strip.

Very simple cards but effective cards.

Call by tomorrow as I am having a day crafting and will be posting my results. My aim is to post every day this week so please keep logging in :)

3 comments:

  1. Well done, you have done really well. Can we make the criss cross box at a workshop please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that looks lovely Caroline, it's always a great feeling to try something out of our usual creative zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely - I love the colour combo. Thanks for joining in the Inspiring Inkin' Challenge.

    ReplyDelete