Tuesday 23 February 2010

Rose Red Petals


I am taking my younger daughter away for the weekend to see her best friend who moved away last year. As you can imagine both girls are really looking forward to seeing one another....all sorts of secret things are being arranged between them over the phone.
Its Elizabeth's birthday in March and for once I am organised and made the above card for her today so that we can take it with us.
I have used close to cocoa cardstock for the base and then rose red for the central panel. I choose to use the pick a petal stamp set (on loan from my lovely sister). I stamped the background image with versamark on both pieces of cardstock. The eyelet border punch was used to add my touch of pretty along the bottom of the rose red cardstock.
To create the flower I used very vanilla cardstock and then stamped the petal images using my stamp-a-ma-jig. The centre of the flower was stamped and then coloured in using my blender pens and summer sun ink. The image was then punched out using the 3/4" circle punch and attached using dimensionals.
The stem was made using some mellow moss taffata ribbon for a change and to add movement to the card.
I have also used my paper piercing tool on each of the corners of the close to cocoa cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment