Monday 1 February 2010

Sunny Days


For this card I have used summer sun and very vanilla cardstock together with summer sun and black stazon ink. The butterfly was stamped using real red in the marker pens.
I have used the pick a petal stamp set which is borrowed from my sister. This stamp set is so versatile and I am sure it will crop up again on my blog. I stamped the petal 5 times onto whisper white card and then cut out with my snips. The centre piece was stamped out again onto whisper white card and cut out with the 3/4" circle punch. (stazon ink was used on this and then my blender pens to colour in with the summer sun ink.)
To put the card together I stamped the sentiment from the stem sayings set with black stazon onto my very vanilla cardstock and then played with the layout of the petals. Once I was happy with the flower I then attached to the card using my SNAIL. The centre was attached using a dimensional to give a lifted effect.
I then used another stamp from the petals set inked in summer sun and then randomly
stamped a background. The butterfly was an afterthought and comes from one of the stamps out of the Oval All set. As I only wanted the butterfly from the stamp I used my marker pen and a stamp-a-ma-jig to position correctly.
I have used very vanilla 1/4" ribbon which was threaded through 2 holes made using my crop-A-dile and then tied.
The inside of the card has the background stamp the same as the front of the card to finish it off.
At the end of the week I will post another card using the petals stamp set but with a difference. This card is going to be made at my first workshop, so please call in again to see what my ladies made.

1 comment:

  1. That looks lovely Caroline, that is a fab stamp set isn't it?

    ReplyDelete