Wednesday 3 March 2010

Liam's birthday card


Its my daughters friend's 16th birthday tomorrow so what better excuse to use my new stamp set.
I have used brillant blue card stock for the base and used 3/4" and 1/2" circles to provide a background although this is a bit difficult to see in the photo. I then stamped the car image onto whisper white cardstock and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to add the driver and parcels.
A blender pen was then used to colour in the image using old olive, not quite navy, rose red and basic grey ink pads. I then cut out the image using snips and layered it onto kraft cardstock using dimensionals.
My paper piercing tool was used to create a pin prick border along the top and bottom of the kraft cardstock. A small piece of chocolate chip cardstock was used along the bottom and punched out using the scallop border punch.
Running through the centre of the card is a piece of chocolate chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon tied with linen thread.
This was really simple to do and I can see me using both stamp sets a lot.
See you tomorrow ( I think the bleach did the trick!!)

1 comment:

  1. Glad the bleach worked, and what a lovely card. I love that trick with the ribbon and thread, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete