Sunday 7 March 2010

Spinner card


I watched a tutorial on Amanda Fowler's web site for this and thought I would give the spinner card a try.
I have used bashful blue and chocolate chip cardstock together with bella beau DSP. I put a strip of SNAIL along one of the shorter sides of the DSP and stuck to the cardstock. I then punched out a scallop circle through the DSP and cardstock.
I then stamped the birdcage twice from the happy moments stamp set, in not quite navy and cut out using my snips. After cutting a length of stampin'UP! linen thread I then adhered this to the back of one of the birdcages and then added the other birdcage. The next step was to put a piece of sticky strip at the bottom and top of the scallop circle on the bashful blue card stock and then attached the birdcage and the linen thread. Once you are happy that the thread is tight you can stick down the DSP.
I scallop edged the two pieces of chocolate chip cardstock and then adhered them to the card to secure the spinner design.
Once you master the spinning part of the card, this is an easy card to make quite quickly.
I apologise for my lack of posts this week. Its been a funny old week with child illness etc and the week just seems to have flown by.

No comments:

Post a Comment