Monday 25 February 2013

A Little Treat Box and Card

Good Morning

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend.  Last week it was my Thursday class which is where we make a 3d project and a card.

Over the last few weeks people have been admiring the new stamp set called Swallowtail and a few ladies had brought it at a recent class so I knew that I wanted to use this set for the card.  The stamp was inked in versamark and then daffodil delight ink and heat embossed with the new iridescent ice embossing powder.  (the photo doesn't give the sparkle justice.)

Here is my version although we had several different colour combos so that the card and box would match.



Some matching ribbon and a few pearls finish the distressed look.  I fooled a number of ladies as they kept asking where the small butterfly stamp was!!!  I had used the newsprint dsp and the butterfly was Incorporated in the design but I don't think anyone else had the same pattern.

New here is the box....it is made by using the Fancy Favour Die

 

Apologies for the photo quality here, the light is dire today.  Some bling was added using the silver glimmer paper and some rhinestones.  This die is quite expensive at £34.95 and you will need to buy the XL plates and crease pad, but as we were saying in class you could use for wedding favours, Easter treats and gift box's.  In my opinion a wise investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment