Tuesday 14 May 2013

Friday's class

Good Morning

Last Friday was my monthly two card class and we made a Triangle Tri Fold card and a masculine card.

I had 5 lovely ladies make this class, my Sister Georgina couldn't make it as she was finishing her essay for her degree ready to have a day off on Saturday to make our  Stampin'UP! regional training event at Telford.  This was an early start for us but an amazing day.....ooooh ladies just you wait until the new catalogue on the 1st July.

I digress so back to the cards we made.

Here is the Triangle Tri Fold card.



I have been trying to use up some of my retiring cardstock so our card includes certainly celery cardstock and ink.  The DSP is from the polka dot series and is daffodil delight in colour. A squashed soda top is on the front with some butterflies placed ontop.

My ladies did a bit of oh no when they saw the scalloped square on the front.  If you haven't seen this before it is created by using the scallop trim corner punch and border punch.  We have tried it in class before and it was a bit of a disaster darling........but everyone did really well and I had pre-cut some and had lots of spare cardstock.  This effect just takes a bit of practice and you must make sure that your cardstock measurements are exact.

The ribbon was contraband.....I found some pear pizazz seam binding ribbon in my stash and it matched so we went with it.

Our second card was for the men in our lives, I have to admit to not enjoying these cards as I like pretty but it it something I am going to be doing more of.



I was inspired by a card I saw on the Internet and originally used the card as my top sales card for my team and adapted it slightly to include more product for the class card.

I have used my favourite male stamp set French Foliage and a die from apothecary labels which was embossed with the Chevron folder.

Now I am off to change Hannah's bed as we have Chloe a french exchange student arriving tonight for a week, so Hannah will be on the floor.

Have fun crafting and I will be back soon X

No comments:

Post a Comment