Thursday 6 May 2010

Slider Card (A Touch of Nature)



Over the weekend I was trying to master a template for a slider card but just couldn't get it !!!
Last night I picked up my card pieces and guess what it just clicked. So much so that I made a second one for our fortnightly inspiringinkin challenges, which I will show tomorrow.
I have used A Touch of Nature Stamp set, together with Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Ruby Red and old Olive inkpads. Now my card isn't perfect but I rather like it.
My card base is Real Red and then the panels and insert are Whisper White. I have used the scallop edge border on some left over Real Red Card to create a border on the insert.
I have used the rock and Roll technique on the large flowers and the butterfly is coloured in using my blender pens and is then hand cut out. To give the butterfly a shimmer I have wiped it over with shimmer paint which can be found in our new mini catalogue.
The ribbon used is Red Gingham 3/16".
Once you have your measurements this card is easy. (isn't everything when you know how).
If you would like to learn how to produce a card similar to this one and master the Rock and Roll technique, we will be doing both at my next card class on Thursday 20th May 7.30pm at St Johns Church, Churchdown. Please contact me to book a place on caroonstampin@googlemail.com or 01452 855231.

No comments:

Post a Comment