Wednesday 2 June 2010

Ruby Red Wedding Anniversary


I was asked recently to make 2 Ruby Wedding Anniversary cards so this is the first one.
I have used close to cocoa cardstock for my base and used versamark to watercolour a flower image onto it. The images all come from the stamp set Garden Dream which is a level 3 hostess gift. Onto this I have layered strips of cameo coral and ruby red. Down the sides of the ruby red card I have used the eyelet border punch. The flower image has been stamped onto very vanilla cardstock in ruby red ink twice and then coloured using blender pens and ink from the lid of the ink pad. The stem was blended using old olive ink.
I then hand cut out the whole image and then adhered the top of the flower from the other image using dimensionals to give some height to the card.
The insert for the card was very vanilla and onto it was stamped Happy Anniversary from the Cheer and Wishes stamp set.
For a dramatic touch I have made a bow using real red satin ribbon from the mini catalogue.

1 comment: