Tuesday 27 July 2010

Christmas in JULY







I had a home workshop last night and my hostess had asked for a christmas card using the Winter Post stamp set.


The lovely Jane Cutting lent me her set as I didn't have it, so big thanks to her. I will give it you back tonight I promise :)


I had a number of my regular guests at the workshop so I have to say we didn't follow the normal workshop pattern...the party took its own twists and turns But I think everybody enjoyed themselves and the hostess was certainly happy with her £60 of free products and also her level two hostess set. For me it was a lovely end to my last workshop before my summer hols and the fabulous Stampin' Up! promotion over the last two months.



The card above was our make and take of the evening. We used whisper white, chocolate chip and real red cardstock, teamed with chocolate chip, real red and night of navy inkpads.


We stamped our image and then coloured in the two skaters using ink from the pad lids and the blender pens.

The ribbon is the red satin from the mini catalogue which we just tied in a knot. A fab TIP came from Stella when Irene struggled to get her knot looking right. You tie your knot and then turn the ribbon inside out...give it a try it works.


The greeting came from the basic phrases stamp set and we used two stamps (christmas and wishes) and aligned them using the stamp-a-ma-jig. We then punched out using, the oval punch and layered this on a scallop oval. We marked white dots on each scallop using the white stylo pen.


Now with my guests being seasoned crafters how cards turned out like this........each card was different, its lovely to see how people adapt ideas.


Tomorrow I will show you another card using the same stamp set. Bye for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment