Friday 10 January 2014

Card Club Cards January 2014

Last Monday was the first class of the year for me.  It was a great turn out for the beginning of January with 2 new guests joining us.

At this class we learn a new stamping technique and make 4 cards.

The technique for this month was called Double Texture Embossing.

I demonstrated both the cards that we made using this technique, I knew I should have refreshed myself via "Youtube" first  but we had a few laughs and got there in the end.

Both cards used the Fancy fan embossing folder and the Designer Frames embossing folders. My colour theme was nice and crisp using Whisper White, Smokey Slate and Burmuda Bay.  The stamp sets I used were Simply Sketched, Bright Blossoms and for the sentiments A Dozen Thoughts and Express Yourself.


I wanted to add a bit of bling to the butterfly card, but couldn't incorporate in the class fee, so I added some rhinestones later, its amazing how a little sparkle changes the image of the card.

I hope you like my technique for the month, why don't you give it a try?

Back tomorrow with 2 more cards.

1 comment: