Tuesday 3 December 2013

A lovely background technique

Hi there

Last night I ran my card club class for 12 lovely ladies.  I just want to say a huge thank you to Angie and Ruth who stayed with me and helped clear up. ( I am a bit of a wuss and don't like being in the church alone!) especially late at night.

Now the technique I taught was the painters paint technique which creates a lovely background and which we used on this masculine card.


We have used marina mist, pool party and soft sky ink to create the background.  To create this background you tear off a strip of masking tape and dip into the inkpad and then transfer the colour to your cardstock.  Start with the darker colour and end with the lighter one.  You than stamp your image onto the background, I have used black stazon for this card.

We also had a refresher class on using the stamp- a- ma- jig.  This helped place the clockface into the pocket watch.

The cardbase is Marina Mist and then there is a layer of very vanilla cardstock which has been run through the woodgrain embossing folder.  I have used burlap ribbon down the centre of the card and fishtailed the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment