Wednesday 9 February 2011

Valentines Day Class

Today I held the first of my new class events at my home. Our class was to make gifts for our loved one next week.

This is the Valentines day card we made and I have to give all the credit to Kerry Timms for this one as I have part cased a recent card of hers.

Our card base was real red and layer of whisper white was placed on top. We have used the En Francis background stamp on the bottom half of the card and stamped in basic black ink. We then used the large flourish from Bliss and stamped in real red after first stamping off on our grid paper to give a much softer print.

The sentiment is from the Bliss set also and was stamped in real red, punched out with the oval punch and then layered up onto a black scallop oval. It is raised on dimensionals to give some depth to the card.

The hearts at the top of the card come from I Hearts and were stamped in basic black again. (you need to give the black ink some time to dry or it will smudge!!!) The middle heart was stamped in the real red, hand cut and again raised on a dimensional as is the small heart.

A piece of black 1/4" ribbon was knotted and adhered around the middle using sticky strip.

If you like this card why don't you check out my events section and have a look at future classes and book in.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment