Friday 3 December 2010

Just Belive watercolour


My hostess Jo last week asked if we could do something using Just Believe as this was a stamp set she wanted to buy. Now of course I said yes, if possible I like to be able to show what my hostesses ask for. For some it is starting to become a bit more difficult, especially when guests attend more than one party, but I think this just means I have to look outside the box and my comfort zone.
Jo had 11 guests so we did two sittings for the make and take. The card uses not quite navy and bashful blue cardstock and the watercolour paper. If you haven't tried this paper you must, it just gives such a wonderful effect to the flower and grass image and allows you to show off some great SU tools.
The large flower and grass image was coloured in using marker pens in old olive, not quite navy, bashful blue and pear piazza. I then filled a old stampin mist bottle with water and we lightly spritzed the stamp before stamping onto the cardstock. This was then set aside to dry.
The sentiment was stamped in not quite navy and we used the samj to line up and place where we wanted it. The light spray of dots was created with the spritzer tool and the not quite navy marker.
The ribbon is old olive 3/8" taffeta

No comments:

Post a Comment