Sunday 12 August 2012

Some cards to see at LAST!

It's is dark and miserable in Gloucestershire this morning and whilst Hannah is quitely sat in front of the TV I thought I would photo the cards from my class last friday evening and show you. I have really struggled with my crafting mojo since being poorly and decided one card would come from my ideas stash and the other one I managed to pull togther after a full morning of crafting and phaffing with it!!!! I wanted a vintage feel for this card and also one that would take some time for my ladies to make....they are getting so good and quick at making the cards. oops Hannah has left the TV now, but I will carry on.
I wanted to use the Reason to Smile stamp set in one of the cards at this class and the flower image lent it's self to being coloured in with the marker pens and then some dazzling diamonds was added to the flower head. The image was then dry embossed using the frames embossing folders and hand cut out and layered onto another image of the oval in perfect plum cardstock with a torn edge. There is a layer of paper from the attic boutique stack of dsp sat behind it. All the corners of cardstick and paper have been rounded and distressed using the cutter kit and crumb cake ink and daubers. The scallop edge was cut using the bigshot and the edgelits die. I made a double bow from two types of ribbon and put an antique brad through the centre. The tiny tags greetings were tied onto the bottom of the card using linen thread. The spritzer tool and crumb cake and perfect plum marker pens were sprayed all over the card to finish that vintage look. Three large pearls adorn the top corner of the card and some hand cut flowers at the bottom. Pop back tomorrow and I will show you the other card we made together with it's matching envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment