Thursday 18 March 2010

Birthday Best


I am making this card tomorrow at a workshop in Stroud. I found a similar design on splitcoast stampers and decided to make my own version of it and my own colour combo.
I have used the birthday best stamp set with this card. (one that I have had for a while but not used)
The main card base is taken with teal cardstock. The next base is whisper white cardstock.
I have then used my cutter to cut oblongs of black cardstock and then slightly smaller ones in green galore, yoyo yellow, tempting turquoise and real red.
Before layering up the card I have stamped each colour oblong (just in case you need to use the other side to cover up a mistake!!) in the chosen stamp.
It was then a case of layering up and I used my SNAIL for this.
CRAFTERS TIP: when trying to work out your measurements for layering do a dummy run first using paper so that you don't waste precious card stock. I always use the following dimensions for cards
Main base 21cms x 14.5cms (then fold cardstock in half)
next layer 10cms x 14cms
Cards of these sizes then fit in c6 envelopes

No comments:

Post a Comment